Sunday, September 19, 2010

i'm famous


So, some of you might have heard about my recent try out on an Asian game show...if not, here is the story...

Two years ago, I made my first trip to this part of the world. In my down time, I liked to veg out to a show similar to Wipe Out. There is a obstacle course set up over water. Of course, if you fall, you're out! But get to the end the fastest and receive the prize. That summer, I heard it was being recorded in a nearby city. I was secretly hoping we would just run into a random taping and they would invite me to try. No such luck.

Fast forward to August 2010. I had to do some teacher training in a city nearby before school started. The same city where the show is taped. Two weeks ago I got an email from the training program inviting me to attend the game show! I was so stinkin' excited I almost peed my pants (as the saying goes)! But just to make sure I wasn't getting myself into something else, I replied with some questions and double checking things. She replied with all the right answers...my dream was going to come true!

I told Jess, my roommate, if she wanted to come she could. So, Wednesday, we packed up our bags and heading out the next morning. We had some traveling hiccups along the way, but we finally got there. I was in awe of the place! It was so exciting! Cameras everywhere and people awaiting to compete. However, I was disappointed to know that the cheering crowd was "photo shopped" in.

The first part was like a treadmill. But they throw things in your path so you had to jump over them. It was a lot harder than I thought. I was runnin' and runnin' and runnin' and finally got past it. Next was some floating dice. I was supposed to step on them to get to the other side. There was a big dice and two little and then a big one before the platform. I decided to jump over the big one and try for the little one. I jumped...and...tumbled right over to the right. The water was so cool when it washed over me.

I left the water happy and defeated...I had accomplished just what I hoped. I got past the first obstacle and tried my best. There's a video to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment