Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Juicy, Cookies, Laughing...



The above words are all names of students from my classes. I love hearing them. Most of them are pretty normal; Jessica, Mia, May, Eric, etc. But then there is Week Line, Seaside and others.

It's been a great couple of days. I have 3 classes Monday and Tuesday and 2 classes Thursday. Each class is 2 hours long. 6 of the 8 are Oral English. The other 2 are Christianity and the Bible. In the English class I've been asking students what they want to learn. I get answers from table manners to college life to American's opinion on 9/11 to my childhood. It was great to hear them be so curious. In the other class I asked if you could ask one question to God, what would you ask? I got things like; Why do people have pain to are you a boy or girl to do you speak Chinese to are there peppers in America?

When I asked for questions the most common was are you married followed by do you have a boyfriend and finishing with do you want a Chinese boyfriend? I can't help but grin and say, " No. No. No."

All in all, it's been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment