Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Psalm 23

Today was a pretty good day. In my Bible class we were still talking about the Old Testament. We went from Ezra to Lamentations. As we were going over the psalms, I decided to share psalm 23. I also shared that many psalms are used to make songs of praise. I told them there was a particular song that I knew that was derived from that psalm. Of course, they asked me to sing it. I was quite hesitant. Then I thought about it and decided it's okay if I feel foolish or look foolish for the Lord. My voice is really terrible. They clapped and seemed to enjoy it. They seem to be a little frustrated with the idea that God is not a genie or sugar-coated candy. Their idea of God seems to be that he should just hand over whatever they want. So, it doesn't seem fair or right that God would test people or strength them through trials. I'll just keep thinking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment