Wednesday, September 29, 2010

the perfect day


This post is a little belated, but I really wanted to share it with you. A couple posts back I told y'all about my TV game show try out. Well, the day didn't end there...

...after the TV try out Jess and I went to Subway for some lunch. Delish. I love the smells there. But every time I eat there, I think of Jimmy John's and all the good memories there. After that we walked around, looking at some shoes and going to the DVD store.

The DVD store is near the new Starbucks. Jess and I walked past it as we went to the DVD store. We saw people inside enjoying drinks. When we tried to go in they stopped us telling us it was Family Day. We knew that the Opening Day was not until the next day, but we were just hoping to get in. At the DVD store I bought Bones Seasons 1 through 6. What a deal!

Jess and I were walking back to look around some shops and decided to give Starbucks another try. The same thing happened. They lady at the door told us it was Family Day and to come back the next day after noon. Then Alan swoops in and says, "Welcome! Welcome! Let me buy you some coffee! It's on me!" We hesitant at first and tell him we would love to pay for the coffee and go. We don't want to interrupt. We just want some coffee before we have to leave the city. All drinks and food is on the house for Family Day, so they don't let us pay. As we sit and sip our frappachinos, we listen to some speeches and just enjoy the little piece of America. Then it's time to leave.

Next, we look for a place to get a massage. I didn't always like massage, but now I'm a little obsessed with them. They are so relaxing and feel so good. And being on my feet a lot, I considered it a reward every so often. We finally found a place and took a small break.

After the massages, we had already decided to get some Pizza Hut for dinner. We laugh watching the replays of the video footage while waiting for the pizza. And when the pizza arrives, it's AMAZING! We relish in the moment. After, we travel back the train station to take the fastest train in the world back home. But our day doesn't end there...

After arriving in our city, we grab a taxi back to campus. However, the taxi driver remembers Jess. Apparently, she had given him a CD to listen to and he actually listened to it. But he didn't understand. He asked some questions and Jess explained what she could. All in all, it was the perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment