Sunday, March 27, 2011

refining moment

The end result is usually good. Right? Like after a good, hard workout, I feel rejuvenated and healthy. Or that clean feeling after a shower or brushing your teeth. Or a sigh of relief after tidying up my room. Finishing something, even in the smallest degree, usually gives me a good feeling. But getting to that end point can be messy or uncomfortable sometimes. Maybe not when cleaning my room, but in reference God refining me. And I'm in a season of refining. When it starts, it mostly catches me by surprise. But then I acknowledge the upcoming changes and welcome the cleansing and changes that God wants to make. But the refining exhausts me and isn't always pleasant. And I know and trust that the changes will be good in the end. They are supposed to grow me in my Christ-likeness. But it's hard to see the end to this time of refinement. I want to be at the end. I feel like I'm at the love-hate moment. When I love it because I know the end is good. But I hate it because it's messy and unpleasant. But as I get closer to the end, it will get better.

But thinking about what God tells Jeremiah about refinement, I should expect it to be hard. Refining involves going through fire. Burning out impurities. Which is exactly what my soul is going through.

Okay, well, that is my mind garble.

2 comments:

  1. I love to hear your mind garble.
    I miss you.
    I have been out of commission/BUSY for the past like week and a half.
    I should have time to chat this week.
    I will get my work schedule later on today and message you times I have available!
    I LOVE YOU!
    And I agree completely, refining is both miserable and so rewarding. The process basically stinks, but the outcome basically rocks. Hard to balance when you are in the midst of the stinking. Lifting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During one of my biggest refining moments, I felt like father gave me the book of Deut. I hadn't read it before, but dug in a did. I was so encouraged because He continually is telling them while they are in the desert about the beauty of the place he is leading them to. Love you and miss you so much, but delighting in your obedience to him :)

    ReplyDelete