Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Food, Friends and Fun

My tutor and friend, Dawn, finally returned to the city. I was REALLY excited to hang out with her. I really love her. I prayed for a close and good national friend and she is just what I hoped for.

Anyways, she came over with another friend, Michelle. I have hung out with Michelle before and really like her. A new girl came along too, Fun. So, we cooked some wonderful food. Preparation and cooking was full of talking and good conversation. We ate and had a conversations full of laughter. Then, because Fun was the last one to be full she had to wash the dishes. So, I showed my photos of Korea to Dawn and Michelle. They loved them! I loved talking about my friends and telling them stories about each photo. Then I told them we should do some Korean face masks some time. They loved the idea.

I also taught them how to play Peanut Butter and Jelly (aka Kemps). They really loved it! It was great fun watching them play and try to be sneaky. These girls are just a little to giggly and smiley to be sneaky. But my partner and I lost. And with any game in this blessed country, there is a punishment. Ours was eating a packet of powder/mix to flavor your water. It didn't taste bad at first, but as it began to dissolve it got worse! After a little water, it wasn't too bad. Dawn made a really big deal about it though. But afterwards, it was really cute, she came and whispered in my ear, "It wasn't really that bad. I just wanted to scare them." How cute is she!

Anyways, I was really blessed by that time with them and their friendship. I keep praying for them. I'm still going to study with Dawn. Even though Michelle doesn't care much about spiritual things, she'll still hear it from Dawn. And Fun has done the study I'm doing with Dawn. And each week I tell Dawn to share what she has learned with someone. She chooses Fun. So, Father is really at work with all three of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment