Friday, February 25, 2011

Jin tian shi wode shengri!

(Today is my birthday!)

My day started with waking up at 7 am because that is the time my kids get up...Just kidding! But I feel like most people that I know that get up at 7 am do so because of their offspring. But really, I have an 8 o'clock Oral English class to teach.

I brush my hair and start the coffee maker. AND I excitedly heat up a chocolate chip banana muffin that my most loving roommate, Jessica, made for my birthday breakfast! I pick out what I want to wear and get ready while singing, "This is the day that the Lord has made," in my head. I eat a muffin and prepare my coffee for my 25 minute walk to class. Unfortunately, I spent too much time trying to straighten my hair so I slip on my Toms and head out the door. I listen to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on the way.

I happy and excited to teach. I want to tell all my students that it's my birthday. But I decide it's a little conseated to do so. Some times I chat with my students when I have them discuss a topic in groups, but I am currently reading Life from Scratch, by Melissa Ford. And it is quite exciting. So, selfishly I read instead of joining discussions.

For lunch I meet Jessica. Little did I know that she had a crazy activity in mind. She gives me a crown, shiny necklace and earrings and tells me I have to tell 24 people that it is my birthday and that I am 24 years old and would they please take a photo with me? in language. Oh, and a couple friends have joined us for lunch.

Then I had a little down time reading before dinner at 6. We all met at this Korean restaurant. None of us had eaten there before. But it was pretty good food, considering I had just been in Korean and eaten the real thing. Then some red velvet cake and a game of Peanut Butter and Jelly. Some people also know it as Kemps.

All in all, it was a pretty great day.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD. I am so glad you enjoyed your day :)
    I wish I were a better friend and had mailed you a spectacular gift two months ago that would magically arrive on your birthday - but I did not :(
    I love you though!
    And if you were here. I would hug you and give you spankings. Haha. Actually, just a cake :)

    ReplyDelete