Wednesday, October 6, 2010

coffee

Coffee. I love coffee. Actually, I have come to realize I LOVE hot drinks. But coffee is better than tea. So, I have kind of "searched" the city for a place to nickname The Java Cat or the Granada.

This place is more Granada than Java Cat...
It has an English translation of the menu. Which is great because I don't know how to order coffee stuff in language yet. I can say hot and cold. But the workers know a little English and are really kind. The real name is Coffee & Talkers. Not Coffee Talkers. At first, I thought the & was a little weird. But I get it now, it's coffee and talkers. Coffee and people who talk. A classic mocha is my all time favorite.

Oh, I should tell you why I love coffee shops. Not only do I love to drink hot drinks, but I love the atmosphere of coffee shops. So cozy, inviting and relaxing. I have many fond memories in coffee shops; conversations of catching up, meeting old friends and new, Christmas parties, serious conversations, early meetings, late meetings and just a quiet place to read, think or study. So, I miss friends and family, but I miss those comfortable, familiar places too. But now, I think I've found my Granada... :)

1 comment:

  1. This makes me cry.
    I love coffee with you, specifically.
    I miss the random evenings of you, lundy and me "working" (chatting) at Starbucks and random places.
    when are you coming for a visit?

    ReplyDelete