Monday, August 9, 2010

It never ends...

Even though I have been living in Asia for 2 months now, I'm still experiencing new things. About three weeks ago, I had a medical examination. It included blood work, urine test, x-ray, E.K.G, among other things. Test all performed Asian style...I was really glad to have Jessica at my side. For those of you that don't know, Jessica is my roommate/friend. She graduated from ESU and is studying language in our city.

Currently, I'm getting my visa changed. What an adventure it has been! I got to practice my language with a taxi driver. I went to the wrong train station. My hostel room is about the size of a twin bed, with a little walking space. The shower in the bathroom is located almost over the toilet, as well as the sink and mirror. I was really excited about this hostel experience. I love having crazy stories/experiences! As, I settled in to my room, I heard this strange ticking sound. At first, I thought it was the elevator. Then I thought it was a sewing machine. The shower? No, the elevator...Okay, I'm sure it's a sewing machine! Later, I could differentiate the shower noise from other noises. I also went to the clinic and not the consulate. I stood in a line that wrapped around the corner. I was number 107 in line. But I laughed about all the craziness happening...I hope I can keep laughing, especially when things aren't funny anymore. I always think I know where I'm going and Father provides someone to help me find my way. Like this girl complimented me on my shoes(TOMS). She politely asked if I knew where I was going and I told her and she helpfully corrected me. Everyone is so kind in this city.

After this visa business is done, I can continue getting ready to teach.

1 comment:

  1. Neal! I'm so glad you are laughing at the craziness and pr you still do it 2 years down the road. I love that you figured out the orchestra of noises! You are missed here!

    ReplyDelete