Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not My Dish

A student/friend came over to make some banana bread. She's so great! So funny and sarcastic. I just love her.

Anyways, we were just chatting away and of course the topic came around to boys. There is one boy in particular that seems to have a lot of girl friends. I just had to ask if she thought he was cute or if she liked him.

"He's not my dish," she said.

"What?"

"He's not my dish. Do you know what I mean?"

"No. Do you mean, he's not your type, not your style?"

"Yes, it's what we say in our native language. I just translated it."

How funny is that to say, "he's not my dish" to describe a boy or girl that is not your type. Then I doubled checked with her the translation in the native language. It was even funnier.

1 comment:

  1. I like that. Although, I am surprised that the phrase, "He's not my cup of tea" didn't come from China...
    Your new layout, for some reason, reminds me of Nepolian Dynomite.

    ReplyDelete