Saturday, February 19, 2011

24 hours of Joshua

Recently, I wanted to do something a little wacky. I got this idea. There are 24 chapters in the book of Joshua. There are 24 hours in a day. The reason I looked at Joshua is because I'm about to finish the book of Deuteronomy. Anyways, I decided that I would read a chapter each hour for 24 hours, starting at midnight on February 18th. Now, you might be thinking, "But she has to stay up 24 hours?" Which at first, I didn't mind or think it was a big deal to sacrifice a night of sleep.

However, at 5 am I was reading and not retaining anything or understand it. So, from 530 am to 10 am I slept. From 11 am to 2 pm I caught up on the missing chapters. So, at every hour I read a chapter.

Some things I learned/remind of:

Family is important.
Love and duty go hand-in-hand.
Obedience is a command.
Sin is always brought to the light.
Sin does not only have consequences for the sinner, but for the people around them.
Consulting/Inquiring of the Lord is essential.
The Lord provides rest.
The Lord's promises are always fulfilled.
The Lord is true to what He says; whether it's promising rewards or punishment/consequences.
Every person has a choice to make; to follow or not follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment