Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shouldn't It Be Easier?

Ahhhhh!!!! Sometimes I HATE America. I usually don't get all crazy about things. But every once in a while...I just crack.

My wonderful sister and lovely mother are putting together a care package for me. They bought a bunch of goodies. Some edible, others not. I requested a little free space in the box so I could order some new workout shoes so they could toss them in.

I found a great deal on 6pm.com, $64 shoes instead of $85. What a deal! So, I picked out a color and placed my order.

THREE DAYS LATER:
I received an email saying that my order was cancelled. So, I called them up to see what the deal was. Turns out they cancelled it because they needed to verify my address. They tried calling my bank, but it was closed because it was Sunday. The next day I called and they said my bank was closed. The day after that I called and FINALLY got connected with my bank and verified everything.

But this is the part that gets me:
The lady was all chipper about it all getting worked out. I was super annoyed by her good attitude. THEN she was like, "Oh, I just have to place your order again and it will all be done. Oh! And there is a special deal going on right now, free shipping!" At first I was super excited, I was like, "Yeah! That's right! I deserve that because this has been a headache."

Ten Minutes Later:
The email confirmation came in. HOWEVER, the total was NOT $64. It was $67.50. So, I took a gander at the details. The price of the shoes had increased by $3.50. The shipping was indeed free. BUT Lady conveniently forgot to tell me the price of the shoes had increased. Was it really a deal? I don't think so.

Don't lie to me, America. Don't lie.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. I like how this ends with america, the entire country, being at fault, not the company you ordered from ;) I love you.

    ReplyDelete