Monday, May 30, 2011

Accquital, amnesty, dismissal, exempt, exonerate...

I've been thinking a lot about forgiveness. Not because I was struggling with it, but there was a book for free on Amazon. And I LOVE reading, so I downloaded it and began.

The forward is written by a Pentecostal man. So, I was already a little weary about continuing in reading. But I figured, I should finish and then make a final judgement.

Forgiveness is a choice. Not a feeling.
Forgiveness is a command from Jesus.
Forgiveness is ONLY possible with/through the Holy Spirit.
We (Believer and Followers of Christ) are called to RADICAL forgiveness. Meaning when it seems impossible.
Forgiveness is hard.
Forgiveness is not a feeling. It's grace.


I'll edit this post as I continue to read...

1 comment:

  1. So far, I agree. Especially with the feeling. I think we like to make feelings into truth more so than THE truth.

    ReplyDelete