Monday, November 29, 2010

Dawn's Birthday

This past Friday was Dawn's birthday. I was really excited! I had so many things I wanted to give her. I had this giant stuffed catepillar from the Arcade Halloween that I wasn't using. So, I wrapped it up and gave it to her. She tried peanut butter for the first time this summer and really loved it. But it's kind of expensive, so I bought her a jar. Then I bought her a journal to keep notes about what we study when we read the Word together.

She invited me to lunch with her. I was really excited to spend time with her. She ordered some food for us and when the food arrived, she asked if she could pray and bless the food for the first time because it was her birthday! How could I refuse such a beautiful request? What she said was simple and sweet. She thanked God for our friendship, her family, life and her boyfriend of course. As we ate, we talked about birthday memories and traditions. It was a sweet time. I'm so blessed to be her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment