Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pinterest Welcome Sign

 About a month ago, I painted this "Welcome" sign for my door. Originally, it was going to be a monogram, but there is too much confusion about which is my first name and which is my last name in China. So, I just decided to go with "Welcome"


It was a lot harder than I thought. Well, the chevron look anyway. You have to draw out a grid and then tape from corner to corner. Sorry, I don't have photos of that stage. Just look on Pinterest ;) 


Here is the final project and a photo of it on my door. I feel like it looks much more welcoming. Its a big hunky, green, steel door. Not very friendly. I wish I had thought through the colors more. Originally, it was going to go in my house, but I thought it would be a nice touch on my door. Next, I need to scrape all the locksmith stickers off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment