Monday, April 1, 2013

Love hurts...

Do you know that song, "Love hurts! Love blah!" Ok, well, I can't remember the rest, but I think it true in the Christ-sense.

I find myself crying over my students. They have never hit me, throw things at me, or called me names. Ok, on occasion I have heard them say I'm factor my clothes are weird. But I can handle that. My love for them goes deeper than any other love of this world and lasts longer than any other thing man has made. That includes Twinkies.

But we I feel afflicted over my love for them, I remember Christ. How he loved. How he loves now. How he continued to love in and after opposition. How he loved when that love was not returned. How he loved enduring more persecution or resistance than I have ever experienced.

My difficulties and tribulations in loving my students are nothing compared to what he experiences in loving lowly humans. I was never flogged, beaten or nailed to a cross. So, I continue in love...even if it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister.
    This is encouraging to hear today.
    I faced an awkward situation today with a lady I used to work with whom I tried to love when no-one else did and she never, ever, returned the favor...in fact, she did the opposite.
    I ran into her today and she was just as rude as ever - I found myself responding in a horrible manner, later to feel horribly about it and repenting of my un-godliness.
    You are true. He loves so well. I need to do the same. I SO badly need to do the same.

    ReplyDelete